Microdermabrasion Treatments in Austin
If you’ve noticed your complexion looking a little dull and lackluster lately, there’s probably a good reason why. Maintaining a glowing complexion depends largely on our body’s natural ability to replace dead skin cells. This regenerative process is known as skin cell renewal, and it happens roughly every 28 days.
During skin cell renewal, the skin produces new skin cells which are pushed up from the lowest level of the epidermis to the top layer, shedding the older, damaged skin cells at the surface. Cellular renewal is what keeps dead skin cells from building up at the surface. However, as we age, this process begins to slow down. This leads to a buildup of dead surface cells which are responsible for giving the skin a rough, devitalized appearance.
You don’t need to suffer from rough, aged skin, though. There are options that can help you revitalize and rejuvenate your skin, including microdermabrasion.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Dermabrasion was developed as a treatment option for dealing with acne and pox scarring. It involved removing multiple layers of skin from trouble areas, allowing newer, more youthful skin to take its place. Microdermabrasion is an offshoot of dermabrasion and was developed to help with a range of different conditions.
For instance, where dermabrasion was developed to handle skin issues like accident scarring, microdermabrasion can help with problems like minor scarring, as well as age spots, sun spots, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and other age-related skin conditions that detract from your youthful appearance.
Unlike other facial cosmetic treatments, such as a facelift, brow lift or chin lift, microdermabrasion is completely noninvasive. There is no surgical procedure needed at all. There is also no recovery time required, either. Combined with the short treatment time needed, these benefits make microdermabrasion one of the most promising and beneficial cosmetic treatments for our Austin area patients.
What Are the Benefits of Microdermabrasion?
For those struggling with age spots, sun spots, wrinkles, fine lines and other age-related skin conditions, microdermabrasion can offer a wide range of benefits. These include:
- Dull Skin: One of the most important benefits of microdermabrasion treatment is the ability to eliminate, dull, aged skin. The treatment removes the aged and damaged skin cells responsible for creating a dull appearance, and allows youthful, healthy cells to replace them. This results in a healthy, younger glow to your skin.
- Pore Size: Do you struggle with visible pores on your cheeks, nose, forehead or chin? If you have spent years applying foundation in an attempt to minimize pore size, there is good news. Microdermabrasion can offer a noninvasive way to achieve that goal.
- Lines and Wrinkles: Fine lines and wrinkles develop as we age, particularly around the corners of our eyes and mouths. Microdermabrasion can be used to reduce the appearance of those lines and wrinkles, helping you recapture your youthful appearance.
- Skin Texture: Has the skin on your face changed texture in one or more areas, becoming rougher and less supple? This can be the normal result of aging, but microdermabrasion can remove the damage cells responsible for the rough feel and appearance.
- Pigmentation Problems: Pigmentation changes, dark spots, red spots and other related problems are ideal for microdermabrasion. This treatment can provide you with an evener skin tone overall, by removing darker pigmented skin cells. Note that this is particularly beneficial for those with melasma, which can be aggravated by more aggressive treatment methods.
- Rejuvenation: The microdermabrasion procedure rejuvenates the skin by stimulating the production of collagen within skin cells. This improves the elasticity and suppleness of your skin but also leaves it feeling velvety smooth and soft.
There are many other benefits to be found with this treatment method. However, you may benefit more from a chemical peel, depending on your needs, goals, skin condition, pigmentation, and other factors. We invite you to contact our Austin area office to schedule a full consultation of your skin health to help determine which treatment method is best suited to your needs and goals.
Microdermabrasion Treatment for Glowing Skin
Microdermabrasion is a noninvasive, exfoliating treatment that restores a glowing complexion by removing the buildup of older surface cells while stimulating the cellular renewal process. At Personique On The Spot in Austin, we have both diamond tipped and crystal microdermabrasion machines. Both microdermabrasion procedures have the capacity to produce the same results but differ in their techniques.
- Crystal microdermabrasion is an ablative procedure that involves the use of a hand-held device that propels a high-speed flow of crystals that are “blasted” out onto the skin. Simultaneously, the machine’s vacuum system sucks away dirt, dead cells, and the used crystals.
- Diamond microdermabrasion, on the other hand, is an abrasive procedure that employs a diamond-tipped wand that is used to “scratch or sand” away from the top level of the dermis while the device’s vacuum system sucks away dirt, debris, and dead skin cells.
Both treatments aim to buff away the surface layer of dead skin cells to reveal a fresh palette of soft, clear skin beneath. This gentle process also stimulates the production of fresh collagen, giving your skin a smooth, velvety texture afterward. Microdermabrasion is also great for reducing the appearance of age spots, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation.