IPL Photofacial in Austin, TX
Doesn’t it feel good to sit in the sunshine? Most of us have enjoyed days at the beach or outdoors in the sun. We’ve also experienced the not-so-fun feeling of a sunburn. Years later, we also see the sun damage that fun in the sun may have caused.
Also called photoaging, sun damage is a major cause for fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven pigmentation of the skin. It may not be your age that is behind those skin issues and could be due to overexposure to UV. The good news is that IPL Photofacial Therapy is available.
WHAT IS IPL PHOTOFACIAL THERAPY?
IPL stands for intense pulsed light, and it is a non-invasive procedure that can reverse the signs of photoaging or sun damage. It works by delivering high-intensity pulses of broadband light that does not damage the skin’s surface but penetrates much deeper into the area known as the dermis. Here the light is rapidly absorbed by the darker pigments (including sunspots, freckles, broken capillaries, and redness). It heats the darker pigmented skin cells to such a degree that they fade or lose their color, and yet they leave all surrounding cells and tissue unharmed.
This makes it ideal for those who have developed splotchy or heavily freckled skin due to sun damage, but it will also address the symptoms of rosacea and broken capillaries that also discolor the skin.
Once the tissue is exposed to IPL, the faded cells rise through to the surface of the skin; which is the natural cellular renewal process in action. They are flaked off and leave freshened and rejuvenated skin cells behind. The intense pulsed light also boosts collagen production. This will naturally smooth and firm skin, shrinking and tightening enlarged pores.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF AN IPL PHOTOFACIAL
- It will treat damage to the skin due to sun exposure and UV radiation – Collagen is what gives our skin that gorgeous dewy look, but sunlight quickly breaks down existing collagen stores, leading to sagging and wrinkling. It will also cause changes in pigmentation that lead to age spots, making us look older and even a bit haggard. One of the main benefits of an IPL Photofacial treatment is that it works deep in the skin to draw out the damaged cells and then trigger healing that may boost collagen production.
- IPL Photofacials may remedy stubborn acne – IPL can help prevent or reduce acne scarring, but it will also kill off the potentially harmful bacteria that may be the source of acne in the first place. Note that you may need to use acne medications before using IPL, but it can bring about a noticeable reduction in symptoms.
- It might reduce visible capillaries and veins on the face – IPL is absorbed rapidly by red blood cells, and an IPL photofacial can help adjust abnormal blood vessels because of this, including the correction of broken capillaries and spider veins. It is also useful in skin conditions that lead to redness, such as rosacea.
- It can be an effective preventative measure against skin aging – IPL is known to help keep the skin in great shape, and two to three treatments per year have been seen to improve the overall health of dermal cells.
- It works on many areas of the body – IPL Photofacial treatments are often looked at as for the face alone but can work wonders on other areas. These include the chest, shoulders, neck, hands, legs, and arms. Treatment on these other areas may nurture a more youthful look from head to toe!
- It provides deep rejuvenation and requires only a small amount of downtime – While you will have to avoid sun exposure for a few days after your treatment, the IPL Photofacial can make its way into the deepest layers of the skin without causing discomfort, swelling, or irritation. It is not a laser treatment and will resurface the skin without the same intensity of laser beams. You can reapply makeup right away – even before leaving the office – and be back to work within 48 hours or less.
- It is fast and pain-free – Taking less than an hour from start to finish, you can easily book one or more IPL Photofacials per year, even with the busiest schedule. If there is any discomfort, or if you are just worried about it, you can have a topical numbing agent applied.
ARE YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR AN IPL photofacial?
As is the case with many skin issues, it requires a consultation with an expert to determine the best methods or treatment options. When it is blemishes and sunspots due to sun damage, rosacea, and similar issues, an IPL photofacial may be just the thing. Typically requiring multiple sessions or treatments (usually four to six) at four-week intervals, it is a wonderful, non-invasive, and non-ablative treatment.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR IPL PHOTOFACIAL TREATMENT IN AUSTIN TODAY
The IPL Photofacial process will leave your skin with a clear, luminous glow. To learn more about Austin Photofacial therapy, please give our office a call today at (512) 599-8672.