Wrinkles are defined as folds, ridges or creases in the skin, and they are a natural part of the aging process. When wrinkles first begin to appear, they typically result from facial expressions. Squint lines, frown lines, and small lines are among the early wrinkles to appear on the face. Additional factors that can result in the development or progression of wrinkles include:
- Sun damage
- Side effects from medications
Even when you make a good effort to prevent the development of wrinkles by reducing the skin’s exposure to the sun, remaining hydrated, getting enough sleep, avoiding smoking, and moisturizing, wrinkles can still appear. Fortunately, there are solutions for treating the presence of wrinkles that are non-invasive in nature and don’t involve cosmetic surgery.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation for Wrinkle Treatment
Personique on the Spot offers laser skin rejuvenation using a nonablative laser. Also known as laser skin resurfacing, the combined technology laser used heats the skin while stimulating collagen growth and tightening the skin at the surface. It best treats fine lines and wrinkles, and can also improve the complexion of your skin and existing signs of sun damage.
Combined technology heats the skin targeting the problem area promoting collagen production while firming the skin. Wrinkles are reduced and the texture of your skin becomes smoother, more luminous and toned. Number of treatments vary by depth of problem. No skin is removed when this nonablative laser is applied to the skin. Instead, the outer layer of the skin is protected with a topical cream so that the laser targets and damages the collagen in the lower layers of skin. This process actually causes the body to generate more collagen cells, which improves the look of your skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Unlike more invasive cosmetic procedures used to treat wrinkles, or more intensive laser resurfacing treatments, the laser skin rejuvenation procedure completed at Personique on the Spot provides the following benefits:
- Patients do not typically require sedation or any form of medication, making it easy to plan for the procedure and return to regular activity once a laser skin rejuvenation session has been completed.
- The procedure is virtually painless, and will not impact most regular activities, so having this procedure does not disrupt your daily life.
- Sessions are fast, and no extensive recovery time is required.
- Skin is tightened, and patients may also experience an improved complexion.
- Medication is not required following the procedure, you simply apply ice packs to any areas that may be red or swollen immediately after.
- The lack of recovery time or symptoms means that obtaining a more youthful look is a discrete process.
- Even though multiple sessions are typically required for treating wrinkles, you’ll notice an improvement in the texture of your skin and your complexion almost immediately.
What to Expect After Laser Skin Rejuvenation
After laser skin rejuvenation, you can return to your regular activities. You might experience some mild swelling or redness, which can be treated easily with ice packs, and is only a temporary symptom as a result of the heat from the laser. You can apply makeup and most other products that are part of your regular routine to your skin following a session. However, we do caution you to reduce sun exposure and take extra measures to protect your skin from the sun immediately following laser skin rejuvenation due to increased sensitivity.
Learn More About Laser Skin Rejuvenation for Facial Wrinkles
Contact us at Personique on the Spot to learn more about this non-invasive, cosmetic procedure and see if it’s the right option for you!