This question entirely depends on the patient. It is normal for a patient’s first treatment to last three to four months. However, by regularly coming in for a touch up after the injections begin to wear off, patients are able to increase the duration of the Botox sometimes to more than six months. Since every patient we see at our office in Austin, TX has unique objectives and needs, we recommend giving us a call at Personique On The Spot to discuss your specific goals.
What Does Botox Do?
Botox is a series of FDA approved injections that are made from a purified form of bacteria form in nature called Botulinum Type A. Afterwards, some protein and sodium chloride are added to create the final product. The entire treatment is performed in a matter of minutes, there is no downtime, and the results are visible as early as the next day.
Botox doesn’t just fill in lines and furrows, but it works to relax the muscles that cause these dynamic wrinkles in the first place. For those who don’t know, dynamic wrinkles are defined as the kind of wrinkles that are developed from constant action and movement. By getting to the root of the problem, Botox is able to prevent the development of future creases in advance. Thanks to this solution, Botox can be considered as an effective anti-aging remedy to prevent further lines and furrows from deepening on the skin.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox may sound intimidating at first, but once you understand what it is and how it works, you may see things differently. Botox essentially works its magic by blocking nerves in the injected area from stimulating the muscles. By blocking contact with the neurotransmitter known as acetylcholine that’s responsible for triggering muscle contractions, the muscles in the injected area are no longer able to contract or tense up. As a result, wrinkles and fine lines are temporarily relaxed and smoothed out, creating a more youthful appearance.
Can I Make My Botox Results Last Longer?
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun
- On the day of treatment, patients are recommended to avoid getting too much direct exposure to the sun due to the risk of inflammation and irritation to the injected area.
- Get regular Botox injections
- We’ve noticed that the more often a patient gets regular injections, the less often they come back. For instance, when the first Botox begins to fade after three months and a patient comes back for a refill, the next time they need to touch up their injections may be in four months. It’s normal for the length of duration for a Botox treatment may last up to 6 months for regular patients.
- Leave the injected area alone for the first few days
- After your injections are finished, it’s crucial not to use any aggressive treatments on the skin like scrubs and face masks. It’s best to allow some time for the Botox to settle in adapt itself in the area.
- Take zinc supplements
- Zinc has been proven to increase the efficacy and duration of injections like Botox and Dysport. This supplement is also known for improving the overall complexion of the skin and boosting the immune system, even more of a reason to take this vitamin regularly.
Ready To Get Started?
Interested in Botox treatment in Austin, TX? Fill out our online form today OR call (512) 599-8672 t0 to schedule your free consultation with our office now!