Unwanted body hair can impact your self-image and be time-consuming to remove. If you’re tired of constantly shaving and moisturizing to repair damage from harsh razor blades, laser hair removal could be the next step. Laser removal works to provide a long-term solution to your unwanted body hair. Knowing more about the procedure can help you weigh your options and understand its benefits and limitations. One of the most common questions we hear at Personique On The Spot in Austin, TX is: Is laser hair removal permanent?
In a short answer: no. However, laser hair removal is a non-invasive, long-term solution to your hair issues. Laser hair removal is a “semi-permanent” option for hair removal that damages the hair follicle underneath to prevent growth. Essentially, the laser finds the hair by identifying the pigment cells within the follicle and burns the hair down to the follicle and the root. It’s a long-lasting, less painful solution to waxing and shaving. After a few treatments, you can cancel all your future spa appointments (or swap them out for something more pleasant, like a mani/pedi or a facial).
Advantages of Semi-Permanent Hair Removal
Getting laser hair removal with us in Austin, Texas has several distinct advantages, including:
- It drastically reduces your hair growth by making your follicles lay “dormant.” By destroying hair at its root, you can enjoy the long-last effects of being without unwanted body hair.
- It’s cost-effective. Electrolysis is the only FDA-approved method of permanent hair removal, and it can be much more expensive than laser hair removal. This is an affordable option with long-lasting results.
- Laser hair removal works in every area of the body, and modern technology allows us to cover large areas of skin fast. You can receive laser hair removal on your back, legs, bikini area, stomach, or even your face. There’s no limit to the amount of removal you can receive, as the procedure is perfectly safe.
- Laser hair removal is not as painful as waxing, and the results last longer. Our technicians can numb the area before and after the procedure to minimize any discomfort, but many of our clients report their symptoms are minimal.
- The procedure only takes a few minutes! You may require few sessions to see lasting results, but each session is short, so you don’t need to rearrange your entire schedule.
How Long Can I Expect My Treatment to Last?
Results vary from person to person. Several things may affect the duration of your laser hair treatment, from the rate of hair growth to the amount of melanin in your skin. Rather than letting your hair grow back in, we recommend periodic “maintenance” treatments that keep your hair follicle from returning. After your initial sessions, you may only need 1-2 maintenance treatments a year.
If you’re ready to say goodbye to waxing and razor burn for good, it’s time to consider laser hair removal. This semi-permanent treatment brings lasting results with minimal discomfort or disruption to your daily routine. Contact us at Personique On The Spot in Austin, TX today to learn more or book an appointment.